- City Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Day Tours
- Departing from Jerusalem
- Educational Tours
- Guided Tours
- Spiritual Tours
- Walking Tours
Join a local staff member of Waqf (The managing authority of Islamic sites) on a guided visit of the fascinating Aqsa Mosque Compound. Gain an insider perspective on faith, history, tradition, culture, architecture, art and community in arguably one of the holiest places on earth. Discover the living stories beyond the structures, and understand the religious, cultural and political importance Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound maintains today in the hearts and minds of not only local Palestinians, but millions of believers worldwide.
A guided-visit typically covers the following:
- The Dome of the Rock (Qubbat Al-Sakhra Mosque).
- Al Masjid Al Qibali (Al Aqsa Mosque).
- The Islamic Museum.
- The Islamic library.
- School(s) in Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound.
- Architectural icons: Masateb (terraces), Khalwat (phrontisteries), Asbile (water sources), Arwiqa (archs).
- The compound as whole within the context of neighboring communities (family visit).
- Local guide.
- Picnic break with optional breakfast or meal in the yards of the compound.
- Entry fees to the museum and library.
- Coordination with local authorities for entry of non-Muslim international visitors from any of the compound gates, and without restrictions of visiting hours for tourists.
- Proof of a valid tourist visa is required in advance.
- Entry inside the Mosques is not allowed to non-Muslim visitors (only guided explanation from the outside).
|Included||Guide, Complementary beverage, Entry to Museum|
|Starting time||Check available time slots in booking engine|
|Tour Type||Group Tour, Private Tour|